Extraordinary events. Lifetime memories.
Springfield, IL and beyond
Wedding planning for modern couples.
But now, it’s decision time.
Will you hire a planner, or will you go it alone? There are certainly financial advantages to going it alone… but there are trade-offs, too.
- You’ll need to unite two different visions for the day into one cohesive design.
- You’ll be budgeting using a spending plan downloaded from a wedding blog or website, without any idea of what things should cost in this area.
- You’ll have tons of people weighing in on what you should or shouldn’t do. It can be tough to set boundaries, especially with those you love!
- You’ll be constantly wondering if you’ve thought of everything.
- Who will manage vendor questions leading up to and on the big day? Hopefully not you, and not a loved one – they should be enjoying the wedding too.
Here are some other facts you should consider.
- From a study commissioned by Minted™, “a modern wedding now takes an incredible 528 hours – or 22 full days – of planning from engagement to the big day.”
- The 2019 Wedding Wire® Newlywed Report notes that couples hire 14 vendors for their wedding day, on average.
- According to wedding planner Alison Dole, someone planning a wedding needs “…a high tolerance for stress, [to] remain calm under pressure, have versatile and sophisticated communication styles, and [be] comfortable being at the center of creative planning – either through an innate sense for what to do or because you’re great at research and assembling ideas.
Know what the above produces? STRESS!
Besides, the two of you should be preparing for your marriage,
instead of being trapped in the minutiae of wedding planning.
And do either of you have a spare 528 hours? I’m guessing no.
May I introduce myself?
I’m Rebecca Fulk,
the owner and lead planner and designer of Buttercup Celebrations. And I’d love to help you with your wedding! I created my company to help stressed couples, like the two of you, create the wedding you’ve always wanted. That pressure-cooker situation of stress and overwhelm? Let me eliminate that from your life! You deserve a completely custom wedding that expresses your values, style, and personality. This is the whole reason my company exists – to make your wedding planning time fun, the way it should be, and to create a truly extraordinary day that leaves you with memories that last for a lifetime!
Telling your love story matters.
You have shared history together: how you met, the things you like to do, how and when you fell in love… Those things are important, and they make your love story unique. The two of you, as a couple, bring something to the world that no one else can! Buttercup Celebrations exists to celebrate your love story.
Here's the alternative I recommend:
By your side
every step of the way.
By streamlining the process for planning, no matter which option you choose, we'll give you more of the most precious commidity in the world -
The services I provide are all designed:
- To give you the advantage of my expertise.
- To keep you in control of the big day.
- To allow for how much – or how little – you want to be involved in day-to-day planning decisions.
- To free you from the multitude of questions your vendors will have in the days leading up to your wedding day.
So, without further ado:
Below are brief summaries of each service.
For more information, view the Services page.
Full Planning & Design
Partial Planning & Design
On the Blog
Explore our blog for insightful articles, personal reflections and
ideas that inspire action on the topics you care about.
January 30, 2023
So you’re newly engaged. Congratulations! You may have people telling you you “absolutely have to” do many things, from choosing your colors to sending out save the dates. (?) Please, […]
July 25, 2022
Hi, friends! Have you wondered how you’re going to combine all the things you want on your wedding day, and all those your partner wants, into a single, cohesive vision? […]
June 13, 2022
Hey there, friends! I’m coming to you this week with some advice on keeping your guests at your reception longer – maybe for the entire thing! How, you ask? By […]
Thinking about booking?
Check out the About page for more information!
Not sure yet?
That’s totally fine! Join our mailing list below.